Friday, October 25, 2019

WEEK 4 MEDIA BLOG FORUM

I have chosen to challenge my abilities with the camera by selecting an LBCC athlete. I am in the process of gettin in contact with Hayley Harlan or Gabriella Chedster. They are both members of  LBCC's Equestrian Team. Their practices are Monday for western riding and Thursday and Friday for hunt seat. My plan is go get then in the arena or in front of the arena with their horse at their prop, maybe a bale of hay, some feed buckets, ect. As for the lighting, I know the inside of the arena is too dark. The Western practices are in the morning at 8 am so the lighting will be easier then than the lightning at 3:30 for the hunt seat practice. I will want them standing in front of the arenas walls to draw attention to the subject in the mug shot.

My second subject for this assignment would be Catherine Stevens who is helping set up the Day of the Dead event in the first week of November. She emailed The Commuter with the events that are taking place and I intend to shoot her ( or other willing subjects) with whatever they're using to set up the day of the dead festival. I will interview them as well with the intention of also using this as an article for The Commuter in the next two weeks.

I intend to get to the scene early to decide where the best lighting is as well where the best place is to draw the mugshot forward. I also want to get my subject comfortable by chatting with them before the shoot (or interview) so the shoot ends up being more authentic which are both things I learned from the "Shooting Star" video we watched in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment