Friday, November 15, 2019

My Hometown Topics

After living in Corvallis for six months, I've decided I'd like to capture the contrast of different parts of the city. Despite it being considered a rural a smaller city, Corvallis has a vast variety of contrast between rural and urban life. While downtown is flooded with neon lights and active nightlife, if you travel just 20 minutes to the border of Corvallis you will find people co-living with sheep and goats just outside their modern apartments. For this "my hometown" project, I hope to capture the different lives people live within the small city of Corvallis. For the environment, I intend to shoot a small barn with horses, goats, and sheep on Moss Rock dr. as well as downtown with the busy life of college students and family. I am trying to stay away from the expected landmark of Corvallis everyone knows: Oregon State University. I would like to capture a part of Corvallis people are less expecting. My considerations were the Donica House, Riverfront Commemorative Park, or the downtown carousel. As for the activity of Corvallis, I know that each week Corvallis holds a Saturday market. My vision for the Saturday market would be to capture people casually walking and browsing through the produce and local products.

For my final project, I am planning on following LBCCs Space Exploration Club and their participation in the Lunabotics Mining Competition. Unfortunately, the competition will not be complete until May, 2020. The club intends on designing a robotic lunar rover to "traverse across a stimulated 'lunar surface'" as well as collect "lunar ice". If I am unable to follow their project I aim to focus my attention on a women's shelter in Corvallis. My concern with the women's shelter is the suspicion that the women in the shelter might not want the publicity. If that is the case, I will focus my story more on the shelter and the people working there.





No comments:

Post a Comment